Monday, November 30, 2015

Sea Kayaking and Father's Day

I introduced Hunter to the world of sea kayaking today.  The kid was hooked instantly.  Holy smokes was it fun.  And, by end of the 3 hours of paddling around, he was able to control the kayak himself.  I knew he could.  It won’t be long before he is paddling his own kayak. 

Of course, we had the obligatory splash fight while paddling.  Even Hunter got the hang of purposefully splashing me while he would paddle.  It’s a good skill to develop, I told him.  J 

On the drive home, I asked him what he wanted to do next week.  “Kayaking please!”

When I got home, I had a surprise waiting for me for Father’s Day.  My daughter and I went to a daddy-daughter dance at the YMCA.  She surprised me with her very grown-up purse full of snacks.  It was awesome.